Sunday, January 29, 2017

Small Things...

It's been a crochet-lite week.

First saw these two 12 Point Round Dishcloths whipped up:

An easy pattern for a fun-shaped dishcloth.


Then I tried my hand at an Entrelac crochet pattern called Around the World Throw.   I had such good intentions of doing this CAL, but after spending nearly 2 hours crocheting to only come up with this:
Ugh.   I decided I no longer cared to make a whole blanket using this stitch.   My tension is all wrong - totally inconsistent -  and the stitch pattern is way too tedious for my tastes, so out that blanket is going to go and I'll use the above yarns for something I'll (hopefully) enjoy crocheting much more. As much as I wanted to give this pattern a go, I'm trying to see it as a positive that I decided relatively quickly to throw in the towel on it.

Having said that, though...  To get over having quit a project so readily and, I'll admit -  feeling a bit like a failure,  I whipped up this Log Cabin Granny Square Potholder yesterday:

I shamelessly (almost completely) copied Casey at knits and what-not, as I made this.  Casey was my original inspiration for my Potholders for Posterity collection, so I figure it's fitting I copy at least one of her creations.  :)

And, well...  except for noodling around a bit on my Moroccan Tile Afghan, that's it on the crochet front this week.

To see what other Yoppers are up to, visit our group on Ravelry.








12 comments:

  1. Nice going on entrelac crocheting. I made one entrlac knitted scarf and it was cool to learn the technique but I am not a big fan of it.
    Your star dishcloths are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 12 point dishcloths are super! Love that Kermit green!

    I am all about ripping if you don't enjoy something or like the result, so yep, I'd rip the entrelac too and repurpose the yarn. The different blues are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would do the same - if it is not working for you - just move on - and you make so many BEAUTIFUL things!!!! that is a stunning potholder, I immediately thought, oh that would be beautiful as a blanket square or pillow cover too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth. It WOULD make a pretty blanket or pillow cover!

      Delete
  4. I've heard entrelac is a bit tedious so I have steered clear of it so don't feel bad. You certainly made up for it with the beautiful washcloths and potholder! Is there a pattern for the potholder? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I forgot to provide a link to the potholder pattern. Going to correct that now. Thanks for asking, Sam.

      Delete
  5. Too right - your other projects are gorgeous, best spend time doing techniques you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are constantly trying new things and experimenting! Really inspiring! Entrelac seems doable, but I can see why it is not growing on you, I presume there is just way too much fuss, plus all these ends to weave in once you are done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found this stitch very tedious and I just wasn't able to manage the tension very well. I wasn't loving it, so I really just decided to not invest any more time in it at this point.

      Delete